Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Thoresen keeps door open for Russia

Patrick Thoresen says he's not going to sign a two-way contract in the NHL anymore.

"I'm not going to sign an NHL contract at all costs. Of course I want to play in the best league in the world, but I'm not going to sign a bad contract this time. If you do it and play a couple bad games, you're quickly in the AHL. I'm not going back to that."

Thoresen says playing in Russia is his backup plan.

"As I've said, me and my agent are working to get to the NHL, but I won't write off Russia either."

"I had a fantastic year in Russia. But my team Salavat understood that I wanted to return to the NHL and I'm grateful for that. I know that if I don't sign in the NHL this year, I have some Russian alternatives."

"I've gotten myself a name in the hockey community now and there will never be a problem to get a job in Europe."

But the NHL remains Thoresen's goal.

"Yeah. I know I can go there and produce a lot of points in addition to being a role player. So now we'll just see."

No comments:

Post a Comment