Friday, July 2, 2010

New beginning for Meszároš

Andrej Meszároš says he was shocked to be traded.

"I was surprised when I was told that there was a chance that I would get traded. Everything happened in minutes. The Lightning general manager called me and said I was traded. I was in shock."

The shock also meant a new beginning and a new chance.

"The Flyers are a great team again, they played in the finals last season. It's a new beginning for me, which I look forward to and hope I do better than I did in Tampa."

Meszároš says the press conference alone gave him a good feeling about the future.

"I enjoyed myself talking with the media, I felt welcome. The Flyers general manager was there, too. They asked me about my expectations and if I watched the finals."

"I'm familiar with the team and I know what the expectations are for us."

No comments:

Post a Comment