Sunday, July 4, 2010

Meszároš on the right side

A couple days after, Andrej Meszároš says he's getting over the shock of being traded.

"It certainly was a shock. But that's life in hockey. One day you're there and the next day you're here. I'm already looking forward."

Meszároš admits he wasn't happy with his game in Tampa.

"I'm not going to lie, they were not my best two seasons. I can't say anything bad about the organization and hockey in Florida, I had two beautiful years there. But personally, I wasn't that good and neither was the team, not being able to make the playoffs even once. But now I will focus on the Flyers."

Meszároš is willing to work his way up in the Flyers lineup.

"Naturally I'd like to play on the first pairing, but they have four great defensemen. I'll have to try to get as good of a spot as possible."

Meszároš says he's not familiar with his new team mates on a personal level.

"I played with Matt Carle for a while in Tampa, but then he got traded to the Flyers. Last season Lukáš Krajíček was in Philadelphia, but he's yet to sign a new contract."

The Flyers as a hockey team is more familiar to Meszároš.

"They play an aggressive style of hockey, everyone knows that. They fight until the last seconds and they skate hard. I like their style of play, it's impressive."

Meszároš doesn't have good memories about having to play against the Flyers.

"Not very good. We always had tough games against them, so I'm just glad I can be on their side now. Really, I never played well against the Flyers."

Next season Meszároš will be on the Flyers side and if it was up to him, the season could start tomorrow.

"Really, I can't wait for the start of the season."

No comments:

Post a Comment