Saturday, June 5, 2010

Post game 4 with Timonen & Leino

Kimmo Timonen says the Flyers didn't play at their own level.

"We didn't quite get into our own level. We were probably a little nervous. The Blackhawks were more aggressive than what they've been and that's good to know for Sunday. They're going to be a completely different team. They skated the way we should have skated."

"We scored on our chances and defended okay, but overall we didn't get into our level. Today they had the puck a little too much. It could've been 3-1 for them after the first period."

"I saw for a while that I could probably make a pass", Timonen recalls the goal that Claude Giroux scored. "I just decided to wait and it went in."

Timonen says that's how the defensemen are asked to play.

"That's what the coaches ask us to do. If you have a chance, you join the rush. And our game bases on taking risks anyway."

Ville Leino seems unstoppable right now.

"When Ville is hot, he's hot. When shots go in from defensemen's backs, it's a sign that the kid is on fire", Timonen laughs. "It's a great thing for us and hopefully he can go on for a couple games."

"We got a few gift goals today. It's good to get them right now. We'll take all the goals and points we can get."

Timonen knows the Flyers need one win on the road.

"We need one win in Chicago and hopefully we'll play better. We're going there to get a win. We're in a good situation now, but we have to play much better if we want to win in Chicago."

Leino thinks the Flyers answered well to the aggressive game by the Blackhawks.

"We were ready for this game and we wanted to win puck battles. We played smart even if they forechecked hard."

Leino admits it felt great to get the Flyers playoff rookie record.

"It was a fine moment. Full house sharing it with me. I got a lot of support and cheering. I'm going to remember that moment for a long time."

"It's great, that's why you work. But it got me confused for a moment. I was in the cameras for a little too long."

"At least it ended up being an important goal."

The goal itself makes Leino just laugh.

"I missed the shot a little", is all he manages to say.

Leino received two big hits in the first period.

"Both were hard hits. But in these kind of games you come back."

Leino says he's alright and ready to keep playing.

"In Campbell's hit I was turning around and I wasn't in good balance. I had to go get some treatments. I heard some snapping from the back, but it didn't effect my play."

"I'm ready to play. It wasn't a big deal."

Leino thinks there's a chance the Flyers have shaken the Blackhawks goaltender Antti Niemi.

"I don't know if we've managed to shake Antti. He was a little insecure. Hopefully that continues in the next game."

No comments:

Post a Comment