Saturday, June 5, 2010

Bartulis hopes to remain in lineup

Oskars Bartulis says the Flyers sticked to their game plan in Game 4.

"We played better than we did in Game 3", he says. "We played like the coach wanted; started forechecking hard right from the start and forced the play into their zone. The coach told us to put pressure on them, not stay in our own zone, shoot the puck more and create traffic in front of their goal."

Bartulis isn't playing much, but isn't demanding a bigger role on the team.

"I played more shifts this time, but this is the finale; I play as much as the coach plays me. I'm happy with that. The main thing for me was to get to play."

"The level here is higher than in the Olympics. I think it's everyone's dream to win the Stanley Cup. This is the biggest thing in hockey."

Bartulis doesn't think that the Flyers sat back in the third period.

"I wouldn't say that we relaxed when it was 4-1. We just got two penalties, making it a 5-on-3. They stepped up their game a little, scored two goals and started to put pressure. But we scored in the empty net and won. Of course we felt the pressure when it was 4-3. The coach told us to just relax, don't hold our sticks too tight and play the puck out of our zone."

Bartulis wants the Flyers to put early pressure on the Blackhawks also in Game 5.

"We have to play the same style in Game 5, putting the pressure on them from the first minute on. It's hard to defend against them, they have good offensive players. We must get more shots on goal."

"I also hope I get to play. The coach will tell me [on Saturday]. Hopefully I'll be in the lineup."

No comments:

Post a Comment