Sunday, June 13, 2010

Forsberg declined Flyers offer

Paul Holmgren asked Peter Forsberg to come and help the Flyers in the end of the regular season when both Jeff Carter and Simon Gagné were battling with injuries. Forsberg says he received a contract offer to play out the regular season in Philadelphia.

"Yeah, it's true", Forsberg says. "But I felt that I wasn't in good enough shape to go."

"They also had my old linemate Simon Gagné out with an injury and they were in a desperate fight for a playoff spot. They had eight games left in the regular season when I got the offer."

"I had been so bad in Modo at the end of the season, that I decided not to go. I had problems with the foot again. I thought I simply wasn't good enough."

"Obviously it would've been cool since I know so many of those guys from my time with the team."

Forsberg doesn't want to comment about the Flyers being an option for him next season.

"It's way too early to start speculating about teams when I still don't even know if I can come back and play hockey again."

Source: Expressen

No comments:

Post a Comment