Monday, May 31, 2010

Ufa GM downplays Thoresen talk

The Salavat Yulaev Ufa GM Oleg Gross downplays the Patrick Thoresen to Philadelphia talks.

"I don't know anything about this. I don't read Norwegian newspapers", he says.

"I don't think the Flyers will be signing anyone right now when they are playing in the Stanley Cup finals."

Gross expects Thoresen to return to Ufa for next season.

"Yes, of course. He has a valid contract with us."

Gross says Thoresen has never implied to him that he would like to leave Ufa.

"If he wanted to leave, he probably would have said or wrote something to me. But nothing like that has happened. In general, I would not pay much attention to what Patrick says in interviews with Norwegians."

If the Flyers did sign Thoresen, Gross isn't sure if Ufa would demand compensation.

"It's too early to say. If they are interested in Thoresen, then we'll see."

Quotes from today's Sovietsky Sport

No comments:

Post a Comment