Monday, May 31, 2010

Pre-game with Timonen & Leino

"First game didn't go our way, but it's a long series and it's just beginning. Next game is big for us", Timonen says.

"Hopefully this will be my year, because I don't have many years left in my career. It would amazing if we could repeat this run two years in a row."

"I've gotten Olympic and World Championship silver so many times that I've been thinking why things won't go the other way. I've gone through those losses many times."

"We need to play tighter and smarter", Leino says. "We can't give them so many chances and we need to forecheck harder."

"We don't want to play that kind of a game", Leino refers to Game 1. "It's tough to stay mentally ready when there are goals scored in both ends all the time."

Leino is still hoping for more ice time, especially on the powerplay.

"I feel like the stick is hot and I'm playing well, so I would hope for more ice time. Every time I go on the ice I feel like I'm playing my first shift. That's not a good thing in the long run."

"I would be happy to play on the powerplay. I looked at the stats and saw that I'm right up there near the top in powerplay assists in the league and I haven't even played all the games. I feel like I could help the team more."

No comments:

Post a Comment